Tuesday 23 February 2010

Another Paolo Roversi

                                                                                      
 When I came to Paris, back in 1997, the walls of my first studio in the famous rue du Bièvre were covered with  pages out of Italian Vogue and ID, mainly pictures taken by Paolo Roversi. I remember how struck I always used to  be seeing his work. The following years several talented - sometimes extremely talented - photographers caught my  eye, and I've been blessed to have worked with some of them. But Paolo Roversi always remained one of my  favorites. See here one of his latest shoots for the spring summer issue of Another.

      
Photography: Paolo Roversi        
Styling: Olivier Rizzo
Hair: Shon at Julian Watson Agency
Make-up: Sally Branka at Julian Watson Agency
Manicurist: Virginie Rimet at Marie-France Thavonekham
Model: Guinevere Van Seenus at IMG
For the complete series, see Another magazine S/S 2010.

This shoot, more than others, reminds me a lot of the work of the late Franscesca  Woodman. A photographer I  discovered a decade ago, through my friend Kim, who used to be a model and discovered her work while living in  New York. I will soon post more about her.

TTFN  

No comments:

Post a Comment