Thursday, 7 October 2010
It's a wrap!
GUCCI, YSL, STELLA MC CARTNEY, LOUIS VUITTON S/S 2011
Okay, of course I am going to come back with a detailed trend report for S/S 2011. For now, it's sufficient to say that it's all about the seventies! And while I was born in the seventies, my first memories, my first visual memories are "donc" very in tune with next summer's fashion:
- My mother in top-to-toe denim
- My mother wearing to-die-for wine red knee high boots with a wooden heel
- My mother's Halston inspired silver-gray floor length dress in satin, she wore at my uncle's wedding, being the sister of the groom - I was four, but I vividly remember that dress.
- Rainbow coloured wellies all the girls at elementary school were wearing - except me, because my mom thought they were plain - Plain??? Rainbow coloured wellies??? And all my girl friends were wearing them, and mine were... red, just red! Speaking of plain! I still feel the frustration...
- Lauren Hutton
- Satin shiny pants on teenager girls around me in pink, purple, yellow, red, green
- Crochet pants - seriously, I was wearing those at kinder garden
- Red lipstick on glamourous mothers in fur coats - not mine, she thought of it as "vulgar"
- My grandmother's wine red lipstick she was never leaving her house without - even for some errands
- Bianca Jagger & Mick - my father was, and still is a huge, HUGE Rolling Stones fan
- Boney M - Do you remember Boney M????
You get the picture (because i can seriously go on for days. Dayyyyyyyyyys!
So, all you girls born in the seventies, what are your first memories? Do we have some in common?